5 Basics to Boost Your Business in 2014
5 Web Marketing Basics
When your business dips into the negative, it’s time to reevaluate. A great place to start is with your marketing plan (wait, you are marketing aren’t you? Oh boy…). If you aren’t already, it’s time to make a serious investment in web marketing. Santa Barbara, and other small cities like Santa Barbara are great places to use as a testing ground for your marketing strategy. Here are 5 web marketing basics that you can implement right now!
1. Email Marketing is the most cost effective marketing tactic out there. It’s imperative to keep in contact with your customers so they remain engaged with your business. I’ve said this many times in past blog posts: an engaged customer quickly turns into a repeat buyer! There are free services out there like Mailchimp that allow you create advanced email campaigns for free.
2. A Well-Designed Website is indispensable. Not only a well designed website, but a responsively designed website, which means that any device will display your site flawlessly without destroying the integrity of the layout. Your website is your strongest marketing and selling tool. Think of it as a billboard for web marketing. Santa Barbara doesn’t have any real billboards, but you can have one online with a well designed and responsive website.
3. Effective SEO doesn’t require an extensive knowledge of coding. You just have to be smart with content and understand keywords. Getting to the top of search engines is something that every business wants, and it’s much simpler than you think. All it comes down to is finding the right tools, optimizing keywords, and reworking content on your website and your blog. Google updates it’s SEO algorithm quite frequently, but they provide insight on what exactly they are up to on their forums.
4. Social Media is key to a modern business’ success on the web. Marketing in Santa Barbara by putting up flyers or posting articles in newspapers isn’t enough. If your business doesn’t have a social media footprint then you’re literally living under a rock. Get out there! With so many social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, Tumblr), it’s easy to find your niche. According to Hubspot, social media produces double the amount of leads when compared to trade shows and conventions. So get out there and join the conversation.
5. Embrace Mutlimedia. YouTube receives over one billion monthly users. One billion! You don’t need to spend thousands on cameras and equipment, but you do need to develop a video strategy. Once you have a direction for your video campaign, start implementing. Be sure to use an enticing headline to draw viewers.
How are you marketing your business? Do you have a digital footprint? If you’re unsure on how to proceed after reading these 5 web marketing basics, then give ZeeBlu a call at (855)222-7297 for a free strategy session over the phone. We aren’t trying to sell you here; we’re trying to help you. Chad Ratliffe is our CEO and he wants to take your business to the next level.